What are the benefits of Massage Therapy
The benefits of massage therapy are extensive. The therapy may have a therapeutic affect and may improve health by acting on the muscular, nervous, circulatory and lymphatic systems.
The main benefits may be:
– Helping to relieve stress, muscle tension, stiffness and emotional tension.
– Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion.
– Improves circulation and blood flow and lowers blood pressure.
– Improves the condition of the skin.
– Releases endorphins, the body’s natural painkiller and anti-depressant.
– Strengthens the immune system.
– Helps to relieve mental stress.
– Promotes a relaxed state of mental alertness.
– Reduces levels of anxiety.
– Increase the awareness of the mind and body connection.
– Promotes a feeling of relaxation and well-being.